Are you looking to improve your sales? If your answer is ”yes, of course,” then social media is a great way to reach a larger audience. One of the many reasons Mile High Flea Market has great foot traffic is the expert marketing and social media we provide to get people through the door. But increasing your own social media game can help draw people to your booth and create more sales.
Having an online presence has become even more important; six out of 10 local businesses say being available online is essential for their business. Plus, it’s a great way for new customers to find your products. For example, 83% of users on Instagram say they have found new items on Instagram. Here are a few ways you can use social media to help improve your sales.
Drive traffic to your location
Social media can be a great way to drive people to your space at Mile High Flea Market. Post reminders on your social media channels a few days ahead of time and the day of to let people know you’ll be there. Once your booth is up and running, post again to let them know you’re there, or go live to show off your goods and remind people to come find you. Your clients are also a great resource. Encourage customers to post the items they purchased from you, and be sure that they tag you as well!
Choose the social media that works for you
When it comes to choosing which social media channels to use, less is more. Start with just one or two, and concentrate on growing those first. When choosing your social media outlet, think about who your audience is and where they like to go online. Do you want to show off a lot of pictures of your products? Instagram might be a good fit. Looking to reach a broader audience? Facebook could be good. Or if you’re marketing toward a younger audience and you understand how video works, TikTok is the place to be. For most sellers, Instagram and Facebook are the best bets to reach an audience.
Set up a Facebook business page
Having a presence online will help establish you as a business, and a Facebook business page is a free and easy way to do that. To start, add your business name, a photo and a way for people to contact you. You can also take advantage of special features, like a shop section to showcase special products. A Facebook business page lets you see how many people you reach with your posts and the content they engage with the most. Don’t forget to update your page to remind people when you’ll be at the Mile High Flea Market!
Use social media to promote special items
If you have the goods, social media is a great way to show them off. Remember, a great photo is key; the right picture can elevate your item. Here are a few tips on how to take a great pic:
- A DSLR camera is the best option for a more professional look, but a lot of smartphones have great camera options if you don’t want to spend the money.
- Use the same background to make your pictures look consistent. A lot of times, a simple white background works.
- Lighting is essential for a good picture! An inexpensive ring light or lightbox is a great option to provide better lighting.
- Editing your photos can be easy with different programs like Photoshop, Lightroom or Google photos. You can also create easy, pre-designed graphics with programs like Canva.
Once you have a great photo, you’ll want to write an engaging caption to go with it. Keep it short and sweet, ask a question, tell a story or provide useful information. And don’t forget to include a call to action; what do you want them to do? Visit your booth to see the product in person? Buy it online and pick it up at Mile High Flea Market?
How to post
Once you’ve decided on your social media platforms, you’ll want to post content to engage with your clients. Here’s a few tips:
- Post regularly and consistently. Consistency will help grow a following, so plan to post 1-3 times a week. Timing is also a factor when it comes to posting. The most popular times to post on Facebook are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 am to 1 pm. Instagram sees its highest traffic Monday–Friday from 11 am to 2 pm.
- Use the right hashtags. Hashtags will help you find people who are searching for what you have. Don’t know which hashtags would work for you? Use a hashtag search tool or check out the hashtags your successful competitors use. Also, create a hashtag for your business and use it every time you post.
- Engage with potential clients. Respond to all questions and comments quickly. Serious sellers can find ways to start a conversation by asking questions, creating polls and engaging with other accounts.
- Check out what other sellers are doing with their social media and put your own spin on it.
- Encourage your customers to show off their purchases, whether they’re buying from you at Mile High Flea Market or online. Include your social media handles on your signs and encourage them to tag you in their posts.
Get Social and Sell More at the Mile High Flea Market
Looking to just sell your extra stuff? Then you don’t have to worry about social media, Mile High Flea Market already brings in plenty of foot traffic. But for sellers interested in expanding their business, social media can be a great way to drive people to your booth and gain loyal customers. At Mile High Flea Market, sellers make an average of $250-1,000 a weekend. Ready to bring in some extra cash? Book your space now.